Skip to main content

Enrollment for Resident Families

WELCOME!  Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year is open for neighborhood/resident families.  To receive a complete enrollment packet as well as current enrollment information, please call our school office at 310-391-1175.  We will make arrangements for you to safely pick-up an enrollment packet for your child. 

To help us maintain appropriate class sizes, avoid overcrowding in a grade level, and to ensure appropriate placement for your child, please submit your completed enrollment packet to the school by APRIL 30.

If you prefer, you may opt to complete an online pre-enrollment form.  Please use the guide below for instructions on how to complete the form.  Once you've completed and submitted the form, you will be contacted by an office staff with instructions on next steps to complete the enrollment process and packet.  

Mar Vista implements an address verification policy which may include home visits to verify neighborhood residency.  Falsification of any information on forms or documents is cause for immediate withdrawal from our school, and your child will not be eligible to receive any type of permit to continue at Mar Vista.  Your child will be transferred to his or her school of residence.


  • Proof of Residence: 
    • Utility bill (e.g., electric or gas, no phone bill)
    • Official government mail (e.g., Social Security)
  • Proof of Age of Minor:
    • Birth certificate or passport
  • Parent/Guardian Identification:
    • Driver's license or DMV ID card
  • Proof of Immunization:
    • Polio (OPV or IPV) - 4 doses
    • Hepatitis B - 3 doses 
    • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses (both given on or after 1st birthday)
    • Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses
  • Other Documents as applicable:  
    • Transcripts or recent grade reports
    • IEP or Section 504 Plan
    • DCFS 1399 Form or Minute Order
    • Court orders for custody


This section is used to help schools identify students who may have limited fluency in English.  If your answer any of the first three questions is a language other than "English", your child's English language skills will be assessed as required by law.  Based on the results of the assessment, your child may be identified as Limited English Proficient (LEP) and categorized as an English Learner (EL) under California law, and placed in a language acquisition program that will best meet the linguistic and academic needs of your child.